Skip to content
- 240g white caster sugar
- 120g made from roughly 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 8 tbsp Bonne Maman Conserve
- Heat the oven to 200C, fan oven 180C, gas mark 6.
- Spread the sugar over a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and put in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the sugar just begins to melt around the edges, but not caramelise.
- Meanwhile, put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Just before the sugar is ready whisk the egg whites until frothy.
- Take the warm sugar from the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to its lowest setting.
- Continue whisking the egg whites, slowly adding the sugar until the mixture is very stiff, glossy and cool.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment and spoon the meringue mixture into eight generous blobs, leaving space for them to expand in the oven.
- Now, drizzle a spoonful of conserve over each meringue and swirl into the mixture using the point of the spoon.
- Put the trays in the oven and leave for several hours or until crisp on the outside and ‘hollow’ when tapped on the bottom. It should take between 4 – 6 hours.
- Now turn the oven off and leave the meringues in there to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruits.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.