- 4 fresh tuna steaks, weighing about 150 g each
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
For the Marinade
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- A large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 tbsp Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- 3 tbsp of Sweet Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Cooked rice noodles
- Stir Fried green vegetables
- Lime wedges
- Fry the shallot and garlic in the oil until soft and golden brown. Stir in the turmeric, chilli flakes and ginger and cook for a further minute before removing from the heat and adding the remaining marinade ingredients. Stir well and leave to cool.
- Put the tuna into a shallow, dish and spoon over the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Lift the tuna from the marinade, brushing off any excess. Put the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Bubble for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Cook the tuna on a preheated grill or frying pan over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until deep golden and glazed. Sprinkle the steaks with sesame seeds and serve with rice noodles, some stir-fried green vegetables, wedges of limes and the hot marinade.