- 150g dried black beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 125g carrots, chopped
- 125g celery, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp Bonne Maman Apricot Conserve
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 450ml stock (any kind)
- 1 square of plain chocolate
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled flatbread
- Sour Cream
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Drain the beans, put them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, cover with fresh water, return to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry all the vegetables with the chopped chilli until golden and beginning to soften.
- Stir in the turmeric and cumin, then cook over the heat for 1 minute before adding the conserve, tomatoes, puree and stock.
- Stir in the Black beans, bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until all the vegetables are tender and the liquid is reduced.
- Mix in the square of chocolate until it is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish the chilli with grilled flatbreads and bowls of sour cream, chopped coriander and avocado.