Skip to content
- 2½ cups full-bodied red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1½ cups ruby port
- 1 cup cognac
- 1 cup Bonne Maman Redcurrant Jelly
- 2 x 1-inch-wide orange peel strips
- 8 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole star anise
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, combine the wine, port, cognac, Bonne Maman Redcurrant Jelly, orange peel, 2 of the cinnamon sticks, cloves, black peppercorns and star anise.
- Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Cover the saucepan and set aside for 2 hours.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl. Discard the spices and return the mixture to the saucepan to warm over medium heat.
- Once steam starts to come off the surface, turn off the heat and divide the mulled wine among 6 heat-safe mugs.
- Add a cinnamon stick to each mug and serve immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.