- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced, or a bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g tins of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander and chilli (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden and soft.
- Toss the paprika and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and marmalade, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Make four dips in the mixture and crack an egg into each. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are to your liking.
- Sprinkle over the coriander and chilli, if using, and serve with warm sourdough bread.
If you’re cooking with tinned tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes that are a little out of season or just not ripe enough, a touch of marmalade will help coax out their natural sweetness.