Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 500g beetroot, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup Bonne Maman Rhubarb Conserve
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- Place the mustard seeds in a heavy based saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until they start to pop.
- Add the oil and onion and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring several times until thickened.
Allow to cool, place into jars and keep in the fridge.
5- Serve with vegetable pancakes, roast meats, cold meats or even smoked salmon.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.