- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 450g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 3 fat garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes with chilli
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 x 150ml carton single cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1 small ciabatta loaf, thinly sliced and toasted
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- a few strips of red chilli or pepper
- 75g fresh white crab meat
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil and fry the onion, celery, squash and 2 of the garlic cloves for 7-10 minutes, or until the onion is very soft and golden.
- Stir in the Marmalade, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-35 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Cool and liquidise the soup in a food processor or blender or with a hand-held blender. Stir in the cream, adjust the seasoning and return to the saucepan to reheat gently.
- Brush the ciabatta toasts with the remaining olive oil and garlic clove. Stir the parsley and chilli or pepper into the crab meat and fork a little onto each ciabatta toast. Top each bowl of soup with some crab croutes before serving.